Log File Locations
The Block application consists of three components:
1. The service that manages inventory
2. The front end interface that communicates with the service
3. Real time data collection process
In order to debug the application it is useful to know where the application logs are. For block there are three main locations logs go to:
1. %appdata%\Block, e.g: C:\Users\d\AppData\Roaming\Block
This is a front end interface log file
This folder contains back end service log files.
3. <install folder>\Python\Bitstream\daq_service.log (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Block 64 Corporation\Block 64 Discovery\Python\Bitstream\daq_service.log)
This is a real time data collection process log file
When debugging the application it is strongly recommended to gather logs from all log file locations prior to doing anything else.
Manual Application reset (Retain data)
In an event when an application needs to be reset without rebooting the machine you can do the following:
- Quit the front end interface, making sure it is gone from the tray as well
- From services.msc navigate to service called "Block 64" and restart it.
Manual Application reset (Wipe data)
In an event when an application needs to be completely reset manually, you can do the following. Please note that it's strongly advised to use the "Wipe Data" function through the user interface if possible, as it performs the same task.
- Quit the application and stop the service (refer to manual application reset (retain data) steps outlined above
- After all processes have stopped navigate to the installation folder. (typically this is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Block 64 Corporation\Block 64 Discovery) and delete the following files:
temp-keys(Delete entire folder)
MySql\data(Delete entire folder)
- Start the service and front end application back up. Front end application can be started through Start->Block entry.
Common problems and solutions
Problem: In place of dashboard application displays a message "Could not connect to Block 64 Service!"
Solution: Follow the manual application reset (Retain data) process. If this does not solve the problem please gather logs (Using log file locations section) and contact support.